All TU Berlin employees (permanent/limited term, part-time, and student) who look after their child themselves are entitled to parental leave until the child’s third birthday. With the agreement of the employer, it is also possible to take up to 12 months of the parental leave between the child’s third and eighth birthdays.
Please note: As of 01.07.2015 there are new legal
regulations regarding parental leave and the parental
You can find all relevant information here .
- Elterngeld, ElterngeldPlus und Elternzeit brochure in German 
- TU Berlin Parental Leave Application in German 
- "Eltern im Job – Planung und Tipps: Von der Schwangerschaft zum Wiedereinstieg” brochure in German 
- BMFSFJ Elternzeit information portal in German 
You can find information about the parental allowance here. 
KIT scheme (keeping in touch)
About to go on maternity or parental leave?
Your transition to maternity or parental leave and your re-entry to working life will be facilitated by the various building blocks in the TU KIT scheme which are designed to help you to keep in touch. Information and news of daily TU life will still be available to you during your absence.
The KIT scheme includes the following facilities:
- Systematic schedule of planning meetings and return-to-work interviews
- Handout for line managers as a guide to conducting the interviews
- Arrangements for communication and information during parental leave
- Offer of a personnel development interview to ease and discuss the re-entry process
Don't hesitate to contact us concerning any questions about KIT scheme.
The brochure „Eltern im Job“  is a guide for working parents and companies, advising them on how they can cooperate to facilitate the combination of family and job. The brochure provides information for parents returning to work, covering the broad range of childcare facilities and referring parents to the various advisory services, continuing education opportunities and financial support schemes for families.
Ways in which you can present your case or explain your position when talking to your line manager are set out in the brochure entitled "So sag ich's meinen Vorgesetzten" , which is published by the Federal Ministry of Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ).
Contact DetailsFamily Services Office
Room H 1111, Sector 1 K
e-mail query