- As a student assistant am I able to have my employment contract extended beyond the six-year standard duration of employment?
- I am a student assistant and (suddenly) find myself in a care situation. What rights do I have and what should I do?
As a student assistant am I able to have my employment contract extended beyond the six-year standard duration of employment?
Yes, an extension beyond six years due to care is
Please inform your supervisor that pursuant to WissZeitVG, he/she can submit an “application for extension of a student assistant employment contract” beyond the six-year standard employment duration to Human Resources. You can get further information from the Staff Council for Student Assistants.
I am a student assistant and (suddenly) find myself in a care situation. What rights do I have and what should I do?
In general, it is important to seek comprehensive advice.
The Staff Council for Student Assistants (PRSB) will assist you with combining
your work obligations with your care obligations.
As a student assistant, you
have the following rights and possibilities:
- Exemption from work for multiple days
calendar year under certain requirements
vacation days per calendar year
- Individual decrease in monthly working hours
- The possibility to apply for a leave
absence or part-time work
- Individual advising from PRSB
Speak with your supervisor as he/she is responsible for
your workload and can adjust this for you as well as arrange changes to your
working times. PRSB can also advise you on how to approach such conversations.
In many cases it is helpful to explain your situation to your supervisor.
Supervisors often show and develop more understanding when they know the
(personal) reasons for any limitations and are much more willing to adapt
working times or workloads.
Consultation HoursTuesday 10.00 - 12.00
and by appointment
Contact DetailsFamily Services Office
H 1111, Sector 1 K